Inspirational People Exhibition
Upcoming exhibition dates:
- 18th February - 18th March 2019 - Platform Airport City at Manchester Airport Train Station
- 18th March - 18th April 2019 - Lloyds Bank, Market Street, Manchester
Join us for the Manchester Airport launch on Friday 1st March by signing up here.
A collaboration between the Booth Centre and Manchester photographer Matt Priestley - an exhibition and a book which challenge habitual portrayals of homelessness.
At its core, the project features individuals who visit the Booth Centre where they have found strength in discovering their talents. Each participant has posed for a photographic portrait that captures their individuality, a sense of real pride in their achievements, and hope for the future.
Alongside each picture is a piece of artwork, poetry, or prose chosen by the person to show their gifts as artists and writers.
These portraits and artworks are in stark contrast to the usual media depictions of homelessness, the people it affects, and the myriad of associated issues:
- Together they provide a refreshing antidote to this clichéd view; showing the strengths and talents of people who have been affected by homelessness.
- They express an optimism that lives can change; that people can move forward to build better futures for themselves.
- Homelessness is often a transitory episode in someone’s life – it isn’t what defines them.